why i do what I do.....

I am now Fashion Director at Glamour magazine but following on from the success of my weekly column in the Sunday Times Style magazine I thought I would bring this page to life every week and also give you the chance to comment. This page is not for me to dictate what you should be wearing but to offer ideas on how to put wearable outfits together. Its not what you wear it's how you wear it!



Wednesday 18 September 2013

Natalie Hartley Runs....to end London Fashion Week

So just so you all know am I definitely not a fair weather runner it has been pissing it down in London yesterday and have arranged through the Nike fashion week concierge service that a trainer meets me after the shows to train with me. Since New York the London shows have taken over and have not done anything (it's bloody hard to exercise during the shows!) but this was my moment and in the pouring rain we ran to the track in Regents Park. Today my trainer Gil has taught me the art of running today, using the ball of my foot to allow myself to not use too much energy and how to make a kong distance run easier on the body and he has also has taught me that as long as your heart rate stays the same all the way you will cross the finish line gracefully and not fall flat on my face once I cross it! Apparently the best investment is a heart rate monitor and as long as your heart rate stays the same all the way you are doing well. Also interval training ie. running fast for 30 secs and then slowly for 30 secs (repeat 4/5 times) helps your body get used to restoring your heart rate so practise this technique to improve your runs.
New running gear from the Nike team also mean in this shit weather and with it getting dark I won't go missing and will definitely been seen!

No comments:

Post a Comment