why i do what I do.....

I am now Fashion Director at Glamour magazine but following on from the success of my weekly column in the Sunday Times Style magazine I thought I would bring this page to life every week and also give you the chance to comment. This page is not for me to dictate what you should be wearing but to offer ideas on how to put wearable outfits together. Its not what you wear it's how you wear it!



Saturday 15 February 2014

London Fashion Week, Day 1

The Highlights.....

Luckily I wasn't one of the many who flew over from New York and got diverted in Newcastle ( apparently Hamish Bowles of American Vogue was last seen at Gregg's Bakers!)

So London Fashion Week kicked off today in style and this is what happened....
Wind swept hair always adds to a look!









Leather jacket by Acne
Mens denim top by Marques Almeida
Jeans by Topshop
Shoes by Celine
Bag by Pierre Hardy

Spoilt brats we are our driver and his car comes fully equipped with TV!


My show tickets for today


First show of the day one of my favourites JW Anderson

Padded seats are always a winner


Neutral palette and draping with his version of a pointy shoe






The UGG Creatuve Council holds a lounge during the shows to drink and eat and be pampered in between shows and you can also see their new collection and the trainers are one of my favs!


The serpentine held the first ever Joseph show today showing big knits, sheepskin coats and wide leg trousers it's what they do best!


Another new comer today was Hunter with chief main man Stella McCartney's husband Alistair Willis. The clothes were great and the front row better including Jesse J and Kate Nash who were joined by the magician Dynamo. He ended the show by levitating himself amongst the models at the finale(see my Instagram nataliehartley wears for the full video!) I was star struck not by the others but by him! A definite fashion week highlight!





Henry Holland show broken chandeliers take centre stage





No comments:

Post a Comment