why i do what I do.....

I am now Fashion Director at Glamour magazine but following on from the success of my weekly column in the Sunday Times Style magazine I thought I would bring this page to life every week and also give you the chance to comment. This page is not for me to dictate what you should be wearing but to offer ideas on how to put wearable outfits together. Its not what you wear it's how you wear it!



Thursday 13 March 2014

Trying out a Triathlon....

Fitness is addictive?  I thought it might catch on but since running my first half marathon last year i thought i didn't want to waste all that training to get me fit and able but instead I decided to give myself the winter off to veg and do pretty much sweet F.A. but then to take up my summer and start getting a the fitness regime going of some description....and then I got a call from Push PR asking if I would like to train for a Triathlon!  And to my shock and horror I said yes!  Having been inspired by my Nike half marathon last year and then seeing myself slip back into the realms of being very unfit again, now that the summer is starting to appear and the days are getting lighter I thought i would be clever and sign myself up for something, as it seems thats the only way i will get myself into action again!  Maybe like some of you I need a motivation or a date to work towards in order to do any type of exercise it simply does not come naturally to me to feel the need to do this all the time!  I am thinking winter off summer on.....

So basically I have joined forces with Simply Swim UK who have formed a fine team of fitness wannabes together and this is what happens at the start of August....

Starting the race with a spot of swimming, 750m to be exact...not ideal for me as I actually can't do front crawl so am going to have to learn a whole new skill set (lets hope I catch on fast!)


The second leg will involve cycling for 20km again not a strong cycler having only really used 'Boris Bikes' for any particular outing (again another skill set to learn or at least get stronger at hopefully)


And we end with a run for 5km, luckily this is now a skill I can do but need dusting off as I haven't really run since I ran in San Francisco for my half marathon...oh dear!


So all in all I am severely under qualified for this task but as is my personality, if it comes your way say yes...whats the worst that can happen??!!

I will of course inform you of all the worst things and the good things that can happen in my build up to the big day in August and maybe some of you might want to come down for the day and support us its in London so no excuses for some of you!  

So let the games begin (and the 3 months of training)....I hope you enjoy the journey and as always that I might inspire you all into a summer of fitness as well!



No comments:

Post a Comment